Tuesday, May 6, 2014


Reflection Essay- The biggest struggle during the project was committing to a focus and contacting people.  Since we wanted to do both service dog clubs that were on campus it was hard to pick a topic that covers both but does not have too much information for a short documentary.   Once we found a topic, it was hard for us to get into contact with people to interview.  Since we did not have a lot of time to do the interviews, by the time anyone got back to us, it was too late to interview. 
            The part of the documentary I am proud of us showing people more about the clubs themselves.  I am happy that we gave people more information about service dogs and the groups on campus that train them.  The part of the documentary I would have changed would probably be the groups.  I really did not get a chance to have the documentary be how I wanted it and it was frustrating.  We should have picked one group instead of tried to do both and had a more clear focus on what we wanted the documentary to be.
            I was responsible for the script of the documentary.  Pretty much I wrote down what was going to be narrated in between interviews.  It was hard to write a script when we did not know what exactly we wanted the documentary to tell people and we did not know how the documentary was going to be lined up.  I did the best that I could.
            We would try to meet as much as all of us could.  I tried to give the group information about wildcat service dogs like events and information.  I could have tried to get more people to interview but the girl I did interview for some reason was not even put into the documentary.  I tried to contribute to the project but what I did contribute was not even used for the final project.
            I do not really think the class helped me think critically but more just how to interview and make documentaries.  I most definitely enjoyed learning styles of communication function rather than writing essays.  I liked your teaching style.  I felt you were more approachable than most professors and tried to get everybody involved in the project.  I feel we should have started on the documentary right at the beginning of the semester because the project seemed too rushed to be able to be done well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment